Battleping - Lower ping for gamers
Japanese connections keep dying?
Japanese connections keep dying? 04-20-2017, 01:17 AM
Post Okay, it hasn't been a month, and I have had your connections to Japan die on me almost ten times now, while playing FFXIV. Tonight was the last straw, as I was on the final boss of a hard mode dungeon and almost missed my duty roulette credit. Fortunately, all I lost was the final loot roll.

It's been totally random, regardless of Japan 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5. I'd get DCed and a check on the server I was using revealed 0 ping. Each one had died on me at least once. Please look into this. I can't imagine being disconnected while being in one of the hard mode raids in the game.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Japanese connections keep dying? 04-21-2017, 08:17 PM
Post Are you leaving your game open for over 10 hours at at time?

Each server is on a different network in Japan so they should not all drop for you, when you ahve a ping 0, check if any other server has 0 at the same time.

RE: Japanese connections keep dying? 04-22-2017, 06:39 PM
(04-21-2017 08:17 PM)Tech Wrote:  Are you leaving your game open for over 10 hours at at time?

Each server is on a different network in Japan so they should not all drop for you, when you ahve a ping 0, check if any other server has 0 at the same time.

It just happened again. I've been in the game for barely 2 hours and I lost my queue for a raid. Yes, I always switch servers when it happens, but why do they die in the first place? And at the most inconvenient of moments. Please look into this.

RE: Japanese connections keep dying? 04-22-2017, 08:47 PM
Post Check if any other has 0 at the same time as the server you were using. I think you may have different issue as the servers should not be 0, unless packet loss or net drop.